Are you missing one tooth or more and you want to get a predictable and long-term solution?
An implant is one of your best options if not the best to replace your missing tooth/teeth.
The Implant, or in simple words “the screw” represents the root of a tooth that is located inside the bone, and on top of it, the part above the bone is called the crown (white structure).
Nowadays, having all available imaging tools, implant placement became a predictable and very precise procedure that provides a reasonable solution on replacing missing tooth/ teeth.
The whole procedure consists of two parts:
- Surgical part – placement of the implant screw inside the bone with or without extra bone regeneration
- Restoration part – a few months later after the surgical placement, digital or conventional impressions are taken and sent to the lab to design and produce the crown that will eventually screw on the implant
BEFORE the implant placement:
- Check your overall health and discuss with your dentist if you are a good candidate for the procedure
- Get informed by your dentist about your implant information
- Smoking is not recommended either before or after the placement of the implant. Decrease the long-term success of the implant
AFTER the implant placement:
- Make sure you follow all the hygiene instructions given by your dentist
- Schedule regular visits to your dentist for your routine check-up
- if there is any problem with your implant like feeling loose or painful make sure you inform your dentist